I’m Anna, a Wisconsin girl currently studying environmental science and education. I love reading, writing, spending time outside, listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with friends and family.
A while ago I read a quote from Glennon Doyle Melton that totally described the way I live: “Reading is my inhale and writing is my exhale.” Same, Glennon.
I’m constantly reading something, from (almost) any genre. All that floats around in my head for a while, gets churned up with other ideas, and reappears in my writing. This blog is my spot to share those thoughts, and hopefully hear yours, too!
So now you know the big stuff about me. But sometimes it’s the little stuff that really makes you feel like you know someone. So here are some of the details:
Some of my favorite music artists:
- Jon Bellion
- Bruce Springsteen
- Mumford & Sons
- The Lumineers
- The Black Keys
- Emmylou Harris
- Twenty One Pilots
- Johnny Cash
A few bucket list items:
- Live in another country
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Adopt a shelter dog
- Master driving stick shift (my dad can testify that I have some work to do here)
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Ride a horse on the beach
- See the Northern Lights
Things I care about:
- My faith
- Animal rights – I’m a vegan, which you can read about here
- Health and wellness, including mental health
- The environment
- The Midwest – if you call it flyover country, I’ll politely laugh and then give you some serious side-eye
- Social justice – I sponsor a little girl named Maria through Compassion International, and she is precious
Thanks for reading! Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.